Making a large magazine printing order with a new printing company can be an intimidating and financially costly process. Luckily, finding a reliable NYC printer can facilitate the process in a smooth, easy, and affordable way. To ensure that you are working with an NYC printer that’s dependable and right for your magazine printing project, it’s important to do your research before signing any contracts. Knowing and analyzing your options is vital. Here, we’ll give you some insight into the things you should take into consideration when choosing an NYC printer to do your magazine printing.
Choosing a Company for Magazine Printing
- Find Printers to Compare – If you’ve ever been in the checkout line at a store, you’ve more than likely been exposed to a wide range of printers without even realizing it. One of the best ways to find a quality NYC printer is to collect local magazines and print publications that are up to your quality standards. You can simply use the contact information inside to reach out to the publishers and ask for their magazine printing source. Other sources for printing company names can be found through broad Google search terms like “commercial printer” or “magazine printing” or more local searches like “magazine printer in NYC,” “magazine printer in Manhattan,” etc.
- Do Your Research – Once you’ve got a printing company or two in mind, there are some important things to think about:
- The History of the Company – Experience often translates into an excellent product, so finding out how long they’ve been in business is a great way to figure out what you can expect in terms of quality.
- Potential Benefits, Knowledge and Resources – Some NYC printers evolve from publishing companies or magazines themselves, and tend to have a deeper sense of the fine details that might be important to you. They might even offer resources on ways to improve your publishing skills.
- Customer Reviews – Find out what current and former clients have to say about their services through reviews on Google+, Yelp, or the company’s website. Looking for recurring complaints and rave reviews is a well-informed way to establish an impression of the company and get a good sense of their reputation. However, when reading reviews, it is important to keep in mind that people tend to complain when unhappy and are much more likely to publicly express their frustration than their satisfaction.
- The Equipment – Another thing to consider when on your quest to find the best magazine printing service is the type of press and accompanying equipment and how current it is. Printing technology has improved not only speed but also quality, so be sure to look into the printing service machines being used to ensure they align with your goals and objectives.
- Read the Fine Print – When something sounds too good to be true, it usually is. It’s important not to be captivated by low numbers alone. It’s essential to read the fine print and ensure that the printer operates with no hidden fees or overages, as many companies will charge you up to 3% to 10% in overages without making this charge clear up front. Before going through with a print job, be sure you know all the associated costs. If you decide to go with a contract, be weary of entering into an agreement with a company who is pushing for you to sign without offering low-rate incentives. A contract means commitment from you, and should result in more affordable services in return.
Looking for the Best NYC Magazine Printing Service?
Absolut Color is an NYC print shop. This excellent NYC printer has the capabilities, talent, and experience to service any size project. We will provide you with NCR forms, brochures, business cards, magazine printing, and much more while saving you time, money, and frustration in dealing with your printing needs. We also offer great features such as UV coating.
For more information, call us at 212.868.0404 or visit our website: